Please be aware that the Mikme OS (software or operating system) for your Mikme Microphone is still in BETA. This means it is still under development.
Please backup your recorded data to you computer before you update your Mikme OS Bootloader.
1 – Connect your Mikme to your computer via USB cable
- Read this article if you don´t know how to connect your microphone to your computer.
- Use the included USB cable to connect your Mikme.
- Open the Mikme thumb drive icon in your Explorer/Finder to access the files in your Mikme folder.
2 – Check your Mikme OS Bootloader version
- Open the Version.jsn file you can find in the main folder of your Mikme.
- Use a Texteditor App to open the Version.jsn file.
- It should basically look like this:
- In this example the Mikme OS Bootloader version (BLMB) is "0.7".
ATTENTION: Depending on the installed MikmeOS version, this screenshot can look slightly different. In some cases sections can be missing, which is not a problem.
Click here to learn how to find the currently installed MikmeOS version.
3 – Check your version.jsn file
The actual version of Mikme OS can be found at www.mikme.com/update.
If necessary update your Mikme microphone to the latest Mikme OS firmware. Follow this link to find out how you can do this.